When you plan your wedding decors, it is important to pay special attention to detail. Wedding decors can make or break the overall appeal of your wedding. It should be a reflection of who you and your husband are. The colors of your decor should complement each other, just as it should with your backdrop. They can lend a few special touches to the entire wedding, and help create a special atmosphere.
Hiring a wedding consultant can help you plan how much and where to best make use of the colors and decor. However, if you are on the do-it-yourself side, this can serve as a guide to help you plan out the most suitable wedding decor ideas for your special day.
There are certain aspects of the wedding that decors can help enhance:
1. Flowers. All white flower arrangements can give an elegant mood. There are several textures, arrangements, and shades of white that you can choose from.
Mixing white with light shades of green or blue also add a refreshing touch. In putting white together with other colors, consider the other colors used in the wedding in order to come up with coordinating colors.
A lot of rich colors would also be a nice treat for the eyes. You can pair similar colors but make sure that the shades are contrasting, such as light pink to fuchsia, lavender and deep purple, sky blue and royal blue.
The bride’s bouquet should be more intricate and slightly larger than the bridesmaids’, and should be carefully selected to contrast the dress. If both are all white, you can add touches of color with green ferns and leaves. Flowers will also be used for bridesmaids’ and flower girls’ bouquets, boutonnières, and can also be added in the hair for an extra feminine touch.
In the reception area, you can tie flowers behind chairs, and on centerpieces. Slightly dimmer nighttime settings can use more dramatic colors of flowers, especially if candles will be the centerpiece. During bright indoor or outdoor settings, lighter colors can reflect the light so you can do away with the dark colors.
2. Table Centerpieces. Centerpieces can make your reception seem grander with large, elaborate designs, or tone it down. Simple centerpiece ideas can include a single glass vase with one or more flowers, several but small candles, an elaborate candle holder with a few flowers, and little glass sculptures.
Centerpieces can also be made more memorable and personal by adding photos of the bride and groom, and a little note or prayer alongside. Sharing short, sweet anecdotes is also a fun way to decorate your centerpieces.
More elaborate centerpieces can be large bouquets or vases of flowers, sophisticated glass candle holders, or even edible centerpieces. Edible centerpieces can range from bowls of fruit, chocolate, candies, and even fondue.
3. Tableware. Table decoration, aside from the centerpiece, is a crucial part of decorating because that is where the guests will be spending most of their time during the reception. Table cloths should be simple and clean; an intricate lace pattern over a sheer white cloth can add some intimacy.
If table settings are already quite elaborate, you can do away with plan and simple fabrics as table covers. On the other hand if your glassware, crystal, and china are very simple and plain, you can use a more dramatic or colorful cover, or add a nice background with prints.
You can also add a few rose petals per table, or scatter around little crystals and pearls. If you are having a beach wedding, you can add to the atmosphere by scattering small shells and loose sand on the tables.
Simple china is always the best bet, one that will easily go with any color scheme you choose. Silver or gold rimmed plates add a bit of subtle formality. Don’t forget the elegantly cut crystals for the wine or champagne,
4. Ribbons. Ribbons can add understated detail and color wherever you decide to put them. You can put lace or silk ribbons to hold the bouquets together, ribbons in solid colors to tie flowers to the chair, around the centerpiece or around candles.
5. Candles. If you are having an outdoor nighttime wedding, candles can surely add a touch of romance. You can pick various designs and sizes of candles, depending on where you place them. Some ideas can be on the table, by the buffet table if you have one, or in the desert table.
Once your wedding decors are in place, all you have to do now is sit back and enjoy your wedding.